DiSC CERTIFICATION FAQ
We hope you find answers for all of your DiSC Certification questions here. If not, please call us at (800) 378-9843 or send us a note here.
Everything DiSC® Certification prepares facilitators to deliver engaging and impactful DiSC® learning experiences that help people work better together. Rather than focusing on a single application, this new course is a holistic DiSC experience that teaches the principles of Everything DiSC through a variety of applications and activities.
In this two-week immersive experience that combines live, instructor-led sessions with self-guided online learning, participants will:
- Deepen their understanding of the DiSC® model, theory, research, and key principles.
- Explore how to build custom solutions and deliver impactful DiSC experiences using the new Everything DiSC® on Catalyst™ learning experience.
- Familiarize themselves with the full Everything DiSC application suite.
- Practice facilitation and coaching techniques while receiving feedback in a safe environment.
- Gain ongoing access to Wiley’s online training center, where they can access all the course content and connect with their fellow Practitioners and Wiley’s education specialists.
Upon successful completion of the exam, participants will earn the credential of Everything DiSC Certified Practitioner.
Everything DiSC Certification is designed for individuals who facilitate, or plan to facilitate, Everything DiSC learning experiences.
Wiley Publishing, the owner of the Everything DiSC brand, requires that all DiSC Certification candidates own an Everything DiSC on Catalyst Facilitation Kit.
If you already own a qualifying facilitation kit, the cost of getting DiSC certified through us is $1,795.
If you do not already own the required facilitation kit, certification learners must purchase such a kit from us for an additional $1,000. So, the total cost of our Certification Bundle plus the required facilitation kit becomes $2,795.
When you choose to get DiSC certified through us, you receive a package of additional high-value benefits including:
- Personalized Everything DiSC Workplace, Agile EQ, and Management Profile results available on Wiley’s Catalyst platform ($189.00 value).
- Each participating organization receives a white-labeled EPIC Administrative Account plus 100 EPIC credits (a $783 value).
- Future EPIC credits can be purchased from Catalyst Consulting at very competitive rates (call for details).
- Everything DiSC® Manual (a $50.00 value).
- Each attendee will have ongoing access to Wiley’s online training center to access supplemental material and refresher information.
- Catalyst ♥ Care, a Catalyst Consulting exclusive.
No! The Everything DiSC Certified Practitioner credential does not expire.
The Everything DiSC Certification course is structured as a two-week, immersive learning experience that combines self-directed online learning modules with live, virtual facilitation session. Participants will need to commit to a total of 20 hours over two weeks (10 hours per week).
Cynthia Waisner, Ph.D. is the lead instructor for all of our DiSC Certification courses. Glen Waisner serves as co-facilitator and producer. Both are long-time users of Everything DiSC in their consulting practices and Certified Everything DiSC Practitioners.
We intentionally keep our classes small to encourage greater participation. Our class size is typically capped at 15 participants.
Yes, attendance at all four live sessions is mandatory to earn your certification credentials.
Yes! For groups of five or more DiSC Certification learners from the same organization, we will design and schedule a private in-person training course to meet your group’s specific needs and timing. Classroom certification requires attendance at two, 8-hour, live, instructor-led classroom sessions typically held on consecutive days.
The registration fee is either $1,595 per learner, if learners already own the required Facilitation Kit, or $2,595 per learner, if learners need to purchase Facilitation Kits. The host organization is responsible for providing classroom facilities, supplies, snacks, etc., but we cover our own travel expenses. Please contact us for details.
Yes! For groups of five or more DiSC Certification learners from the same organization, we will design and schedule a private training session to meet your group’s specific needs and timing. The registration fee is either $1,595 per learner, if learners already own the required Facilitation Kit, or $2,595 per learner, if learners need to purchase Facilitation Kits.
Alternatively, members of the group can separately register for one or more of our public DiSC Certification classes for the same registration fees. Please contact us for details.
Yes. Participants are required to own an Everything DiSC on Catalyst facilitation kit, as content in the facilitation kit will be referenced throughout the course. This will ensure participants receive the best learning experience possible.
Please note that through the end of 2023, purchasers of the Everything DiSC Workplace Facilitation Kit (which provides support resources for facilitating sessions using the “traditional” Workplace assessment) can download a free copy of the Everything DiSC on Catalyst facilitation kit. Catalyst, therefore, recommends that Certification registrants who do not already own a Catalyst Facilitation kit purchase the Workplace Facilitation kit. They can then download a free copy of the Catalyst Facilitation kit. Two kits for the price of one!
In addition to the kit, learners also must:
- Commit to two weeks of self-guided online work, and attend all four instructor-led, virtual classroom sessions.
- Complete all self-directed asynchronous learning modules, and the course project on time.
- Earn a passing score (i.e., 80% or more) on the final exam.
- Have access to the internet and a computer.
SHRM credential holders can earn 20 professional development credits (PDCs) from the Society for Human Resource Management when they complete the Everything DiSC Certification.
Participants who belong to other professional organizations can request a letter that indicates course information, confirmation of course completion, and the number of hours spent on the course. This letter may be used to apply for CEUs at other professional organizations, however we cannot guarantee the organization will accept your coursework for credit.
No, although the Everything DiSC Certification course does not provide general facilitator or coaching training. Instead, the course is designed to build on those skills as they pertain to Everything DiSC.
Yes. The EPIC system will be introduced during the certification course. We also offer separate one-on-one Zoom training in EPIC system use and best practices as part of our certification bundle.
That’s ok! We know that some organizations are still in the process of migrating to Everything DiSC on Catalyst. The content that will be covered in the Certification course covers the underpinnings of DiSC, including the history, research, and assessment methodology, which transcend both the traditional Everything DiSC and the Catalyst experiences. Participants will learn about Catalyst, as well as other tools in the Everything DiSC application suite, equipping them with the knowledge they need to choose the best option for their organization.
The full cost of our DiSC Certification course (i.e., $1,795, or $2,795 if you need to purchase an Everything DiSC on Catalyst facilitation kit) is due upon registration via this website. We accept major credits cards, PayPal, or we will invoice you for payment by check. When opting for an invoice, payment must be received prior to the opening of your chosen training session.
You may reschedule up to ten days before the start of the class in which you are registered at no cost. Certification payment is forfeited once your scheduled course begins.
Call us immediately at 800-278-9843 if you are registered and need to reschedule.
The Everything DiSC Certification course uses Zoom for live sessions. Participants must ensure their computer can interact successfully with this blended learning course by taking the following steps:
- Laptop, desktop computer or tablet are preferred. Mobile devices are not always compatible with course components.
- Virtual classroom sessions require working computer speakers, microphone, and web camera.
- A headset is highly encouraged.
- To ensure learners receive all course emails, be sure to add the following to your Email Safe Sender list: